Certified Medication Aide
Here’s the opportunity you’ve been searching for! The positive change in your work life is right here at The Views of Cedar Rapids! We’re adding a full time, 1st shift CMA to our work family as well as one part-time CMA. The ideal candidate needs to have completed the 75-hour nursing assistant course and be certified with the state of Iowa. We offer a competitive wage and opportunities for professional development through ongoing continuing education. We truly believe that our residents are the BEST, and we’re committed to hiring the best staff to serve their needs.
The job tasks of the CMA include all the responsibilities of a certified nurse’s aide, plus the following:
* Administer oral medications as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with the facility’s policies.
* Work collaboratively with residents, nurses, physicians, families, all staff from other departments, consultants, volunteers, and ancillary staff.
* Recognize changes in residents’ conditions or side effects, and communicate those changes to the charge nurse and/or director of nursing.
* Communicate the need for PRN medication to a licensed nurse.
* Know and follow each resident’s individualized care plan.
* Identify other areas of need and be willing to jump in and help as needed.
* Accept and perform additional duties as assigned by department heads or the Community Director in a professional, cooperative manner.
* Lead by example and demonstrate excellent attendance.
The Views Senior Living is an EOE.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time